Back, foot and leg pain in workplaces all around the world are usually the result of standing for extended periods in one place. This costs many employers billions of dollars due to lost worker productivity and reduced production.
To prevent these losses, many employers install cost-effective office equipment and accessories, such as anti-fatigue mat systems, which are ergonomic and worker-friendly.
Anti-fatigue mats offer the right balance of responsiveness, bounce, and comfort to reduce leg fatigue and stress, as well as promote proper blood circulation. But choosing the most appropriate products for your workplace could be a challenge due to the many options out there.
To help you out, here are the things you need to consider when shopping around for anti-fatigue mats:
- Look for anti-fatigue mats that are extremely durable and resistant to cracking. Mats that are properly sealed would help ensure that water and cleaning agents will not penetrate the mat’s protective surface, adds a reputable manufacturer of anti-fatigue mat.
- Avoid mats that are too soft or hard, as these could lead to more pains and aches in the long run.
- Buy mats that are highly energised or with spongy material since these offer more ergonomic support and resiliency.
- If your workplace is exposed to water and chemicals, opt for anti-fatigue mats with enhanced slip and chemical-resistant properties.
- If your workplace uses electronic equipment, get mats with anti-static properties for improved safety.
- Once you have narrowed down your options, check how long each mat reverts to their original shape when someone steps on it. If a mat rebounds too quickly or slowly, it might not offer ample responsiveness and comfort needed to prevent back, foot and leg pain.
- Ensure that the backing of the anti-fatigue mat is level and secured to the flooring.
Do not forget to check the warranty as well. Although anti-fatigue mats might be more expensive than your regular mats, mats with extended warranty tend to last longer, are more durable, and simply perform better. In addition, you would not need to worry about worker claims and time away from work due to pain issues.