Did you know that the heating system in your home has its own sign language through which it conveys its maintenance status – for example, that it needs repairs? Are you having difficulty understanding this language?
The following tips, Airtime HVAC Utah believes, should help ease your problem!
1. Increasing Heat, But Still No Heating
Turning up the heat but the furnace could not heat up your home is an obvious sign that you must call in the heater repair personnel. This problem could be because of a leaking duct, a pilot light problem, or something worse that you have no expertise in resolving.
2. High Electric Bills
Are you bothered that this winter the electricity bills are turning out to be unusually high? This is another prominent sign that your furnace is not functioning efficiently. There could be several causes for furnace inefficiency and it is best for you to call in the professionals to attend to the issue.
3. Unusual Noises
Is your furnace producing unusual noises such as whistling, clanking or grumbling? Then perhaps it is grumbling about its problems! It is time you called the repair personnel.
4. Other Signs
Some other signs of a faulty furnace are:
• You have more problems of allergies and asthma in the home.
• The pilot light is yellow.
• Condensation on the insides of the windows become commonplace.
• There is ice formation on the roof, when there should be none.
• The furnace has trouble starting and working.
• It has been two years since the last maintenance.
• The unit is over 15 years old.
Keep an eye out for these signs and you will know when to call the repair person. This way you will not have to wait until the system breaks down and shudder in the chill as you wait for the technicians.