What Types of Visas are Available to U.S Immigrants?

Immigration law

Are you considering moving to the United States? If so, it is important to get the right visa; otherwise, you will experience difficulties entering and living in the country. The new administration set new laws regarding immigration, which means learning the need-to-knows is a must, especially with your visa. There’s no such thing as a one-way pass to the Land of Uncle Sam; there are different types.

Do not go through the process alone. For Buhler Thomas Law, P.C., consulting with a trusted immigration attorney in Utah is the first step in determining the right visa. Apart from providing sound advice, the lawyer will also help you avoid  problems that most immigrants face and make your transition process easy.They will also guide you through the different visas.

The Broad Classification

The main types of visas available to foreigners are non-immigrant and immigrant visas. Non-immigrant visas are those that allow individuals in the country for a temporary period  (e.g school or vacation trips). Immigrant visas are for people who wish to live in the country permanently. These include the following:

H-1B Visa

This visa applies to individuals in specific professions who want to want to work for about three years. An employer may choose to sponsor you on an H-1B visa for a green card if you want permanent residence.

I-129F Fiancée Visa and Related Visas

If your fiancée or spouse is in the U.S. and you want to join them and get married, this is your type of visa. This visa also applies to your children, if you have any. A spouse uses a K-3 visa while the fiancée uses a K-1 visa. The children of the spouse or fiancée use a K-4 visa to enter the country.

If you do not know the right visa you need for your stay in the US., seek guidance from an immigration lawyer in Utah County before going ahead to get one. The right visa will protect your rights as an immigrant and ensure you stay legally in the country.